California Truck Accident Lawyer
We've Won Millions for our clients
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, or FMCSA, strictly regulates drivers and companies. These rules control the maintenance of vehicles and operational issues to provide the maximum safety for other drivers on our roads and highways.
Because of the size and speed of 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks, loss of control, tired drivers, or other serious issues can turn trucks into incredibly dangerous, heavy, and even lethal projectiles. This is why truck drivers are required to undergo rigorous training and abide by strict schedules to minimize the risk of accidents.
Serious accidents do still happen, however. These are often caused by any of the following:
- Inadequate training
- Exhaustion or fatigue
- Drivers pushed past their limits
- Improperly maintained vehicles
- Mechanical failure
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured because of any of the above, please reach out to our California truck accident lawyers at (855) 930-2626 today.
Who is Liable After a Truck Accident?
In a trucking accident, there are many components to consider when settling on who is responsible for the accident. The following are a few scenarios of fault:
- The driver may be held liable if they blatantly ignored laws and rules set before them while performing their job
- The trucking company may be held responsible if they have encouraged their drivers to ignore laws and rules, such as taking rest breaks at the proper times and truck maintenance while on the road
- The truck manufacturing company may be held liable if the truck itself malfunctioned, causing the accident
- The cargo and shipping company that loaded the truck may be held responsible if the products being shipped were not properly secured or loaded, causing the accident
If you are a victim of a trucking accident, let us help you!
Leading Attorneys in California & Nationwide
If you were injured or have lost a family member in an accident involving a commercial tractor-trailer anywhere in the United States, call the California truck accident lawyers at Frantz Law Group in California.
Our law firm takes cases in all parts of California, including:
We Stand Out from the Crowd
Tractor-trailer accidents require an in-depth knowledge of industry regulations, mechanical operation of big rigs, and the physics of truck wrecks. We hire leading accident reconstruction experts, independent insurance industry consultants, medical specialists, and forensic scientists to thoroughly investigate and prepare the evidence for a strong, clear case for trial.
Well-documented evidence helps us establish liability and hold responsible those individuals or entities that have caused accidental injuries. When we are fully prepared to win in court, we are fully prepared to win a negotiated settlement. Let an experienced truck accident attorney in California help you.
We have offices in:
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- And Riverside
- El Centro
- San Bernardino
- And across the United States
To learn more about your particular case, visit any of Frantz Law Group’s pages below:
- California and Federal Trucking Laws
- Delivery Trucks Vs. Pedestrian Accidents
- Hazardous Materials and Truck Accidents
- Improper Truck Maintenance
- Improperly Secured Loads
- Fatal Truck Accidents
- Overloaded Trucks
- Semi Truck Accidents Vs. Auto Accidents
- Semi Truck Vs. Bicycle
- Tractor Trailer Accidents
- Truck Accidents/Adverse Weather
- Truck Company Negligence
- Truck Driver Distracted Driving
- Truck Driver Errors
- Truck Driver Fatigue
- What To Do When You're Involved in a Trucking Accident
- Who's At Fault? Trucking Rules of the Road
Results from Commercial Trucking Accident Cases
- $5.4 million policy limit recovered for a young man who sustained a serious injury due to the negligent operation of a tractor-trailer driver.
- $3.4 million was recovered for the death of a family member killed as a result of the negligence of a tractor-trailer operator.
- $1 million insurance policy limit recovered for a victim injured as the result of the negligence of a commercial truck operator.
- $4.3 million was recovered for a young man struck by a tractor-trailer while a passenger in a parked vehicle.
- $1.3 million recovered for the family of a relative killed in a disputed liability tractor-trailer accident.
- $1 million awarded to husband-and-wife tractor-trailer driving team injured in a head-on collision with a second tractor-trailer.
- $2.3 million was recovered for the family of a mother tragically killed in a multivehicle collision. (Defendant trucking company disputed all responsibility)
- $2.2 million was recovered for the mother of a family member killed as a result of the negligence of a commercial truck driver.
How our Personal Injury Firm Can Help Today
Let an experienced attorney help you. We can advise you on what to do when you're involved in a trucking accident. Our truck accident lawyers in California are available to talk to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact us to schedule a consultation. Our general office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays; however, we can make special arrangements to meet at a time and location convenient for you and your family.
We offer a free case evaluation and handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. Clients pay no attorney fees and do not reimburse expenses advanced on their behalf unless they recover monetary damages in a settlement or jury award.