Semi Truck Accidents Vs. Auto Accidents
Truck accident personal injury claims are not like auto accident cases. Truck drivers and truck companies operate under strict state and federal regulations. Drivers are required to undergo special training to receive a commercial driver's license (CDL). Even the most experienced driver, however, can make a mistake that puts every vehicle sharing the road in danger.
Car vs. Semi Truck Accidents — San Diego Truck Accident Attorneys
Even when empty, it is nearly impossible to control the physics of bringing a 40,000 lb truck and trailer to a sudden stop. At high speeds, an out of control tractor trailer can stretch across four lanes of a highway. Any drivers and passengers in cars struck by the massive weight face the danger of life-changing catastrophic injury or death.
There are very good reasons why the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, under the control of the U.S. Department of Transportation, regulates truck companies, subcontractors and truck drivers so carefully. In a typical year across the U.S., thousands of truck accidents result in more than 2,500 fatalities*** to drivers and passengers in the cars and smaller vehicles involved.
Free Consultation · Contingency Fees · Serving Clients Nationwide
If you were injured in a car accident involving a semi-tractor trailer anywhere in the U.S., talk to a lawyer on the truck accident litigation team at Frantz Law Group, in California. We are a team of experienced personal injury litigation attorneys with a strong record of helping injured parties recover millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards for catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
Some differences between a successful truck accident claim and auto accident litigation include:
- Any violations of FMCSA regulations means the truck driver and company may be held liable for damages, even if the truck driver is not fully at fault for causing the accident
- Truck drivers are required by law to maintain logbook records of their time taken for breaks, sleep and meals
- Truck drivers may not record a blood alcohol content level above .04, rather than .08 in most states
- Various truck company subcontractors, such as maintenance and repair subcontractors, may be held liable for damages
Our record million-dollar settlements and jury awards for truck accident claims includes:
- $5.4 million settlement for a man who suffered a quadriplegic spine injury
- $4.3 million settlement for a car passenger who suffered a traumatic brain injury after the car was struck while parked
- $3.4 million settlement in a wrongful death truck accident claim
- $2.3 million recovered for a husband who lost his wife and children in a multi-vehicle truck accident
One Of The Leading Truck Accident Law Firms In California
We are recognized among the leading truck accident personal injury litigation firms in California. Don't talk to an insurance adjuster or truck company representative until you have met with us for a free case evaluation.
Our office hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, however, we can make special arrangements to meet at a time and location convenient for you and your family.
We offer a free case evaluation and handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. Clients pay no attorney fees and do not reimburse expenses advanced on their behalf unless they recover monetary damages in a settlement or jury award.
***U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration statistics.