Child Sexual Abuse in Sports
Seek Experienced Legal Representation from Our California Personal Injury Lawyers
For many people, the fondest memories of childhood involve organized sports, such as Little League baseball, AAU basketball, Pop Warner football, and even Junior Olympic volleyball. California is one of the most popular locations for all types of youth sports.
Unfortunately, children involved in these extracurricular activities often fall prey to dangerous predators. At Frantz Law Group, our California personal injury attorneys are committed to bringing justice to those who have been victimized by coaches, referees, groundskeepers, volunteers, and other individuals affiliated with youth sports. Your case, story, and information will be handled in the most sensitive manner possible because we know just how devastating and traumatic it can be to share such information.
Warning Signs of Sexual Abuse in Youth Sports
Between games, practices, overnight trips, and even team-building events, adults involved in youth sports spend an ample amount of time along with kids. Due to the amount of unsupervised time these adults have, coaches and team administrators have an obligation to take care of the children entrusted to their care.
There are common warning signs of child sexual abuse that some parents, coaches, and other adults may overlook. When you notice more than one sign of misconduct, it should be a red flag that something is amiss.
If your child is involved in any sport, keep an eye out for these signs of abuse:
- Your child wants to quit a sport he/she used to enjoy
- Your child doesn’t want to go to games or practice
- Your child refuses to attend team functions
- Your child feels uncomfortable when talking about a specific coach
- Your child refuses to tell a “secret” between him/her and the coach
- Frequent contact and touching from a coach
- A coach spends one-on-one time with children, such as private practice sessions
- A coach singles youth out for special attention or gift giving
- Your child’s grades are dropping
- Your child experiences difficulty sleeping or nightmares
- Your child has a sudden change in behavior or mood
- Your child feels depressed
Schedule a Free Confidential Consultation Today!
If you or your loved one has been the victim of sexual abuse, Frantz Law Group is ready to protect your rights and fight for the justice you or your child deserves. With more than 120 years of combined legal experience and millions of dollars recovered for our clients, we understand what it takes to punish these sexual predators and make them pay for their crimes. We believe the kids of today will be protected from the victims of yesterday.
For more information, contact us and speak with our California personal injury lawyers today.