The California personal injury lawyers at Frantz Law Group (FLG) are nationally-renowned for their legal capabilities and have 150+ combined years of trial and litigation experience. To date, we have successfully served thousands of clients, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars. We are professionally recognized for our excellence in litigation and negotiation by both our peers and longstanding legal institutions. We consistently provide effective legal representation on behalf of our many clients. The question isn’t “why should you hire us?” it’s, “why shouldn’t you hire us?”
Contact one of our California personal injury lawyers at (855) 930-2626 for a free consultation.
Maximum Legal Proficiency
FLG is proud to celebrate its 40th year representing those suffering from a catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and losses related to negligence on the part of trucking companies and public utilities. Our highly skilled personal injury attorneys have decades of experience with successfully handling personal injury cases. In addition, FLG has vast resources to draw upon to litigate and win your case.
FLG continues the fight to level the playing field for everyday people who face a significant tragedy in their lives caused by the recklessness and negligence of others. To date, the firm has won billions of dollars in jury verdicts and settlements, including, but not limited to:
- Nationally recognized for winning a historic wrongful death jury verdict (of $55.4 million * **) against a public utility due to its negligence and misconduct in failing to safely maintain its electrical equipment causing the deaths of 4 Marines (The utility refused to make any settlement offers or engage in any settlement discussions before trial). This award included punitive damages imposed upon the public utility by the jury for the utility’s decision to prioritize its profits over the safety of those who died.
- FLG has played an important part in achieving a landmark settlement of $13.5 billion* *** against Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) on behalf of thousands of victims harmed in the 2017 and 2018 Northern California wildfires, in addition to supporting legislative changes to enhance PG&E’s overall safety practices.
- FLG recovered millions of dollars* in 2018 for families that were victims of the Round Fire (Mammoth area) that suffered losses as a result of alleged negligence of Southern California Edison (SCE) and the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP).
- Over $2 billion recovered* by FLG and co-counsel in payouts from San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) (for all the clients represented by attorneys, including our clients). FLG successfully represented over 2,300 owners and victims harmed by the 2007 wildfire caused by the alleged negligence of SDG&E. The 2007 fire was allegedly caused, in part, by improper clearance of trees and brush around utility power lines and by utility equipment failure and defects.
- FLG currently represents 6,000 victims of the Woolsey Fire (Malibu), the Thomas Fire (Ventura, Montecito and Santa Barbara), the Camp Fire (Paradise), the Tubbs Fire, Nuns Fire, and the Redwood Valley Complex Fire (Wine Country), as well as other utility-caused fires throughout Southern California. All these fires were allegedly caused by utilities, such as Southern California Edison, that were allegedly negligent in failing to safely maintain their power lines/equipment and by inadequately clearing trees and brush away from their power lines.*** FLG is proud to have been selected to serve on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee to supervise the litigation in many of these cases. Moreover, this firm proudly represents 35 families of victims that died from these tragic fires.
- In yet another case involving alleged utility negligence, FLG represents over 8,300 individual claimants in the Aliso Canyon Porter Ranch Gas Explosion. FLG serves on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee prosecuting that litigation in a potential multi-billion-dollar loss allegedly caused by the utility corporations’ negligent failure (Southern California Gas and Sempra Energy) to safely maintain their utility equipment.
- FLG played a very important part in achieving a historic settlement of $800 million * **** against MGM Resorts International on behalf of victims of the 2017 Las Vegas Shooting at Mandalay Bay. Frantz Law Group represented 201 victims.
- FLG obtained a $223 million* ** jury verdict for a single plaintiff (top pre-trial offer was $100,000).
- FLG (and co-counsel) won an $18.5 million* verdict in an ephedra-related trial, proving that ephedra based products were dangerous to humans and the claims of safety were false and misleading. Mr. Frantz provided congressional testimony that lead to the permanent ban of ephedrine alkaloids across the country.
- FLG has been retained by more than 1,500 schools nationwide to prosecute claims against JUUL Labs, Inc. in California Federal and State Court. FLG is assisting the school districts in their ongoing struggles to address the significant disruption of their educational programs as well as the costs associated with implementing monitoring measures as a result of nicotine vaping both inside the classroom and on campus. FLG is also seeking injunctive relief to ban JUUL nicotine vaping in its entirety. FLG also represents the students that were injured by JUUL nicotine products.
- FLG has successfully handled hundreds of commercial trucking wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases, achieving seven and eight figure awards for the children, parents, and spouses who have lost their loved ones in these tragedies.
* Results in other matters do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction of the outcome of your legal matter. Results are dependent on facts of each case, and the results may vary based on different facts.
** Reduced and appealed; resolved for a confidential amount.
*** Frantz Law Group represents over 4,200 of the approximately 45,000 victims of the Northern California wildfires.
**** Approved by Judge Linda Bell on September 30, 2020.
What We Care About
James Frantz and FLG have repeatedly been honored and recognized by various peer-to-peer organizations and publications, including being named Tier One U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in America for Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiffs for over twelve years, Top 100 Jury Verdicts in the Nation and the Daily Transcript, Top 10 Lawyers.
Contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.