How can I lessen the risk of having my vehicle rollover?
A rollover can be a very frightening and potentially deadly type of automobile accident. In a previous post, we discussed some of the possible causes of fatal rollover crashes. But is there anything you can do to help prevent this kind of accident?
The following are some tips to help decrease the likelihood of having your vehicle go into a frightening and dangerous roll:
- Be especially careful driving through curves. To prevent accidentally going off the road, take curves at a safe speed.
- Don’t panic and overcorrect your steering if your vehicle does partially go off the road. If you overcorrect your steering while traveling at highway speeds, your vehicle may slide sideways and go into a rollover.
- Don’t drive on bad tires. Tires that are overly worn or not properly inflated can negatively affect your ability to control your vehicle.
- Don’t drive after having consumed alcohol or when sleepy.
- Exercise appropriate care when loading your vehicle. Loading beyond a vehicle’s maximum safe load, loading a vehicle unevenly and loading objects on a vehicle’s roof can increase the risk of having the vehicle roll over.
All of these precautions are important and may be able to make your drive a safer one. However, there are things that can happen that are beyond your control that could also send your vehicle tumbling.
For example, if your car is forced off the road and down an embankment, it could quite easily start to roll. Also, sometimes, vehicles are constructed by their manufacturers in such a way as to be particularly prone to rolling over.
If you or someone you love is ever in a rollover accident, it can be very important to determine the exact cause of the incident. This is where a California accident attorney may be of service to you. An attorney may be able to help ensure that a thorough investigation is conducted. The results of such investigations are sometimes able to help support a claim for just compensation.