James H. FoxOf Counsel
James H. Fox, a resident of Ventura County, is a graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara and U.C. Hastings College of Law in San Francisco, where he served as a law review Editor. Mr. Fox’s legal career spans more than thirty years. He has handled thousands of litigated matters while associated with and later as a partner at two major firms or while working for many years as the senior lawyer for a well-known national (now international) security services company.
His legal experience is broad, having handled, resolved or tried all types of personal injury, products, premises and general liability matters, complex business Cases, insurance bad faith matters as well as some environmental, asbestos and Qui Tam matters. He played a key role in some of the 9/11 terror attack cases in the Southern District of New York federal court. He has tried cases in California and Michigan.
- U. C. Hastings College of Law, San Francisco, California - Juris Doctor, 1982
- University of California, Santa Barbara - Bachelor of Arts, 1976. Major – Political Science
- Martindale Hubbell AV-Preeminent rating since November, 1998
- Corporate Manager of the Year, Pinkerton’s, Inc., 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar, member in good standing 1983 until present, admitted to practice in all state courts within California
- Admitted to the Southern, Eastern, Central and Northern United States District Courts of California as well as the federal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals